Monday, November 28, 2016

Dear Mr(s) President, I want to be the Ambassador to Ghana.

To current, past and future presidents: I want to become the Ambassador to Ghana. I would be an excellent candidate for the job because I am a skilled political manager. (anyone who gets their Ph.D. has this skill). Primarily, I have found that most Ambassadors are a bit removed from the countries where they are representing the USA. As a fluent Japanese speaker, I would be more qualified for Ambassador to Japan, but if you look at the link, you will find that it's the award for campaign contributions. I'm really unable to find someone in recent years that I could be proud from the standpoint of increasing mutual cooperation. In an effort to be appropriate for Ghana, my Twi is not yet fluent, but it will be.

So why Ghana?
It's refreshing to find a country in Africa that has its act together. I read The Economist every week, and have been to Ghana multiple times. Ghana is one of those places where the people are proud of their achievements and government, and in 50 years I imagine it to be a powerhouse of industry like Japan or China (their VAT is a bit of an issue, but...) The people are hard working and industrious. A good example of the quality of the populous is that the country remained stable during power transition after President Mills died in office. All in all, it's a great country and it would be a privilege to be part of its international rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment